Our Vision Statement
Our School Goals
- Students will be productive learners who will meet or exceed district graduation standards, set, pursue and accomplish realistic and challenging goals, develop and utilize study and research technology skills, and appreciate artistic development and expression.
- Students will be responsible, self-directed individuals who accept individual and group responsibilities, exhibit self-motivation and self-discipline, demonstrate how to budget money and handle finances, develop vocational knowledge and skills, develop and adhere to healthy behavioral standards.
- Students will be competent communicators who listen to and comprehend information, speak confidently, clearly and appropriately to diverse audiences, read, comprehend and respond to information, write clearly and properly, and work collaboratively while respecting the diversity and talents of others.
- Students will be complex thinkers who apply problem solving processes to real life scenarios, use logical decision making processes, formulate solutions based on justifiable rationale, transfer learned skills throughout the curriculum, and analyze, evaluate and integrate information.
- Students will be contributing citizens who appreciate and respect the environment, respect a multicultural community, understand the value of community service, and actively participate in the democratic process.
The Peninsula high school Governing Board further believes that all students can succeed regardless of their race, background or ability and that School staff shall embody this philosophy in all district programs and activities. The district further believes:
- The central interest of schools is the learner
- Learning is an active process.
- Our schools are responsible for each learner.
- Experiencing success is crucial to the learning process.
- The qualities of teaching and learning are inextricably interwoven.
- Program improvement is a continuing process.
- Providing quality programs is a responsibility of our community.
- Our community provides an essential resource to the educational program.